First time owner, first time slam.

CHuffman

Jul 9, 2020
Michigan
I'm on day 3 of my Slam. During the day I have been testing and adding 10% liquid chlorine every 3 or 4 hrs. I was surprised at how fast my FC was used up. I have gone through 4 gallons and until last night, I had not tested above 20ppm FC. I did a OCLT, just out of curiosity and went from 18ppm to 14ppm early this morning. This morning I also tested my CC and it was 2.0. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. The pool looks beautiful. We have been brushing the walls and sides every day and I back flushed the sand filter yesterday when the psi went up a little. We don't get the cloudiness as much when we brush the pool now.
Am I correct that I continue to aim for the FC 22 in accordance with the TFP app on my phone, until OCLT is 1ppm or less, CC is 0.5 or less, and pool is clear?

7/19/20 @ 6pm Using TFP 100.
FC:0.5
Ph: 7.2
CC: 0.5
TC: 1
CH: 100ppm
TA:70
CYA: 55

Gaining!
Yup, those are the 3 criteria. You have the clear, just need to pass the OCLT! :)
Use 60 as your cya, always round up if in between lines. Your target is 24ppm for slam. might help a speed things up a tad too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.