First Time Owner Build in Dallas

Alright I'm hoping someone can help me with my Easy Touch 8. I've configured it but it is doing some weird stuff which leads me to believe I messed up somewhere.

I have the main pump set up for the pool circuit, the spa circuit, and 2 feature circuits for a high and low speed. I have the feature pump setup to run a feature titled "waterfall".

When I start the "Pool" function in ScreenLogic both the main pump and the feature pump start up. They run for maybe 3 minutes then turn off for a few minutes before starting again. I've tried resetting but that didn't do the trick. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks.

Doc,

When you turn on the waterfall does your ET have to move a valve? If so, and you have ScreenLogic set up to shut off the pumps before moving the valve, that might be the issue. Although from your description, I'm not at all sure what it is that you are doing???

I assume you are in the pool mode and the main pump is running. At this point I'm not sure why the feature pump is running???

I'm sure it is me, but can you describe better what the current status is, and then what you want to happen.. I assume this is not a schedule, but you are clicking an Icon on ScreenLogic to makes something happen??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the response Jim. The only actuated valves are for the spa on the suction and return sides. The main pump and waterfall pump are separate systems.

Yep, when I activate Pool mode there’s a short delay then both IntelliFlo pumps start and that’s when the intermittent starting/stopping begins. Here are a couple of screen shots of my SL Config

00f22c40f12b104231792b486d901ad0.jpg

ee91ff5f9c99c91d9876ddb9ab51c770.jpg

Doc,

I'm puzzled why your waterfall pump comes on when in the Pool mode? Based upon the info above, when in the Pool mode only pump#1 should be running (at 2200 rpm)

Then if you select the "Waterfall" icon pump#2 should come on and run at 2200 rpm.

Did you change the address of pump #2 from the default "address #1" to "address #2"???

Keep in mind that the pump will always run the highest rpm selected.. so if you are in Pool mode and then select Low speed, the pump will continue to run at 2200 rpm.

Are you using the stock High and Low speed circuits or did you rename a feature circuit as High Speed and Low Speed?

Thanks,

Jim R.

I believe I renamed the high and low settings from features 7 and 8. Regarding your first question, I might have. When the fountain pump would turn on I thought the electricians might have wired the main pump as pump 2 so I switched the pool circuit and everything over there but I changed it back once I realized that wasn’t the case.

Doc,

You should be able to turn on the main pump by itself... You should also be able to turn on the waterfall pump by itself. If you can't do that, something is wrong.

I suggest you put the system in the Service mode and then check each pump at the pump's control panel and see what address each pump shows. MENU, Setting, Pump Address.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim to the rescue, once again. Thank you sir! Both were set to pump 1, so I updated and it is working correctly now.

Alright I've got one more issue for now. I can't get the heater to kick on. When I turn it on in the Pool section and set it to 80 degrees the heater doesn't power up. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that the plumber/electrician didn't install a temperature sensor. Is there a built in thermometer in the pump or do I need to order the probes and install? If so, how does the EasyTouch know when it is on Pool or Spa?

Thanks again.

Doc,

The EasyTouch should have two temperature probes that came with it. They must be installed..

One just hangs under the ET and is air temperature. The other is generally in the plumbing somewhere after the pump and measures water temp.

Depending on the heater, the ET will not "turn it on".. the heater is turned on manually and at the heater control panel the temperature is set to max and just left that way.

Then when the ET calls for heat, it closes a little relay on the main board which completes the Fireman's switch path which allows the heater to fire up. The ET will also run the pump at whatever speed you have programmed for the situation. Once the water temperature gets above the temperature that you want, the ET opens the Fireman's switch path and the heater will shut off.

Exactly how it works depends on the specific heater and how it is wired.

From the water temperature point of view the ET does not care if you are in the Pool Mode or Spa Mode.. There is only one water temperature sensor.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Doc,

If you had solar you should have three temp probes.. Without solar you should have only air and water.

Since they screwed them up, I'd want to follow the wires back and ensure that the Air is air and that the water probe is the one that is actually plugged into your plumbing..

I'm surprised that your ScreenLogic did not show a probe fault or error. Not that it matters a whole bunch, but you can calibrate the temperatures in ScreenLogic set up pages.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Jim! Moved the wires over to water, took the heater apart and turned on the gas on the internal switch and fired up the hot tub. I think everything is finally working properly.

Now we've just got outdoor kitchen and landscape before everything is finally wrapped up.

e38d6aee2849ff23b90295c783519e0a.jpg
cb0a207cc3afba8bf369f89e267b7245.jpg
be0a8dd4c7526e4cd3daa21ccb7c5cdd.jpg
6a5fb57547de043b42543c53f96ffd00.jpg

And just like that I believe we are finished. Got the landscaping wrapped up yesterday and also had the pecan tree removed last week. It made me sad to do but life has been so much better since we made the decision.

Thanks to all for the input and help on the various issues that have arisen. If anyone has any questions about anything feel free to post here or PM me and I’d be happy to help where I can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.