First time opening pool

gwatts225

Feb 10, 2021
Indiana
First time opening pool. Tried to pay attention to what PB did when closing for season last year. I have removed all the plugs in the returns and skimmer and put the filter back together but when I opened the valve no water enters the system. I've tried the valve in every position I can think of and no water ever enters. See pictures attached. What am I doing wrong? Really wanting to get water flowing so can make sure any of the chilly temps expected overnight do not cause any issues.IMG_3147.JPG

Water may not just enter lines up to the pad depending on the height of the equipment pad compared to the pool water level. So once you have everything back together, fill the pump basket with water and turn it on. It should prime and remain primed relatively quickly. Watch to ensure you have the valves open correctly for water to flow and you should be good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.