Murrieta, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
First time in a year and a half I'm getting low salt light on pentair swg ic60. Since I acquired this pool, salt has always been a bit high. Sometimes a lot high. Saw the light so I Taylor-tested getting 2000. Even my Leslies strip test gave me 2200. Pentair is saying 2300.
So I figure the salt is low. We have had a lot of rain over the past month in CA. My dilemma, I am a new to adding salt to a pool and Pool Math says to add 57 lbs. This freaks me out a bit and I don't want to over do it since the only way to lower again is to drain.
Best way to add? Does low salt damage the swg? Are cold temperatures a factor?Water is 55F. Thanks in advance.

Wait until the water temperature rise’s enough that the SWCG can begin generating chlorine. Then add half what is shown as needed. Brush it around and let pump run a couple days and retest. Then add the balance that is needed to get to 3400 ppm or so.

Wait until the water temperature rise’s enough that the SWCG can begin generating chlorine. Then add half what is shown as needed. Brush it around and let pump run a couple days and retest. Then add the balance that is needed to get to 3400 ppm or so.
Great information. Thanks so much.

You may want to brush the pool really well before adding anything to see if you have some segregation of the heavy salt water versus the light rain water at surface.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.