St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
So I moved into a house with a pool last season. Used only liquid chlorine last year and not one issue. Today I woke up to a cloudy pool. Could still see the bottom, but cloudy for sure. Anyway I tested water and I was at 0 chlorine because I just ran out yesterday. I was in a bind so I used some shock I had bought before I found TFP. Anyway I added 2lb of Clorox shock plus. Active ingredient is sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione. Let it run a couple of hours and it seemed more cloudy when I came back. Also on a couple of the ledges there was a white almost toilet paper dissolving in water looking substance. I brushed the entire pool and added another 2lbs of Clorox shock plus. Just curious if anyone knows what it is. BTW I took a sample of the water before adding the last two shock packs. Here are the TF-50 results:

PH 7.5
FC 7.5
CC .5
CH 275
TA 120
CYA 35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.