First Time Homebuyer reluctantly has a pool. Very grateful for this community!

dallasaggie

Jan 29, 2019
Dallas, TX
Hey everyone!

My wife and I bought our first house and despite both of us not wanting to maintain a pool, this house checked off every single other thing we wanted...

So now I have a pool! It's a ~16k gallon plaster pool that has quite a bit of scaling and some algae on the steps but using this thread I have it at least stabilized. Got a T-100 and some chemicals and got to work.

Seems like the forums are ramping up for the summer- looking forward to learning a lot this season! Thanks guys!

Reactions: Awp14 and Mbkemp
da,

Already having the TF-100 will make our job so much easier... :thumleft:

As an Aggie you might have trouble, but see if you can float over to our subject oriented forums and start asking those questions.. :mrgreen:

Thanks for posting your Intro. It would also help if you added your pool's signature.. See mine for an example.

Jim R.

Reactions: Awp14
Ha - I wondered if you’d get any grief for being an Aggie! ^

??? My husband and I are both Aggies living in DFW and figuring things out for the first time too, though we are happily putting in our first pool as opposed to reluctantly haha. The website and moderators especially have been SO helpful, I totally agree with you there!

I feel your pain.....................our house came with a pool. We talked about not buying because of it but went through with the purchase as the house and property is purrfect for us. I now LOVE my pool and am oh so glad we went through it fixing it up and learning how to care for it.

Kim:kim: