First test

What is your FC? No need to do the OTO FC test. Do the FAS-DPD test.
I guess I don't know what each test is called. I've been using the drop test. The only other I have is the one that's attached to the pH test. In that it looked like around 5 which should be about right based on the slow decline in setting with the swgc off. I'll probably turn it back in tomorrow.

You only need to do the powder and drop test for FC. The yellow thing is only for those times the other test is not making sense and you want to see if there is chlorine in the water or not.

Ok pool math says I need to add 20oz to drop 0.4. I'll do that now and check again tomorrow.

Fyi, I'll be out of town this weekend.

I'm contemplating turning my swcg on at 20% tomorrow to see what it does. That way I can have an idea what it'll do over the weekend. Do you agree?

Sure. Poolmath will tell you what FC it will add based on the unit, %setting, and run time. See Effects of Adding Chemicals.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The SWCG creates a set amount of chlorine regardless of water flow. All based on % setting.

Welp....pool company screwed me again. They came out Friday while I was out of town to install deck jets and drained the pool. They didn't refill it when the work was done, so the pump sat off all weekend. When I got back Tuesday, I couldn't get the pump to start again. So, now I am stuck waiting on them to come out to fix the pump and I am sure my chemistry is suffering.

They also conveniently dumped some gravel in, which I suspect is crushed limestone, so I am sure my hardness will be through the roof.

At this point, I am not sure if I should just ignore it until I get back from cabo on the 8th or if I should spend the rest of the week chasing my tail.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.