First test with my T-100

tabitha_599

Jun 18, 2019
Tennessee
Brand new pool to us. Filled on Friday. Been using test strips until my kit came. It arrived yesterday so I tested my levels this morning. I’m a little worried about where that CYA level is but I guess if I don’t add more it may slowly go down with rain water and topping off? Not sure.

The app automatically set my targets so I don’t know if those need tweaking.

Alkalinity is a little high so is that where I would add MA to bring it down?

Using the test kit reminded me of being a kid with those science experiment kits lol. Anyway, I’m glad it’s here and glad to be able to access this group and learn how to maintain a trouble free pool. I’ll be contributing soon :)

Attachments

• 5E58000D-AAD2-420E-9B94-97F30FB0407B.jpeg
    5E58000D-AAD2-420E-9B94-97F30FB0407B.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 15
Redo the TA test wiping the tip between every drop. Drop size matters.

Read the notes on the TA test directions...

• Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wipping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop.
  • Hold the dropper bottles vertically and squeeze gently, so that drops come out slowly and seem to hang on the tip of the dropper bottle for a moment before falling.

What is the pH and TA of your fill water?

I did wipe off in between but I may have forgotten a few times. Are you supposed to swirl between drops? I'll repeat tonight. As well as test my fill water. Thank you.
Redo the TA test wiping the tip between every drop. Drop size matters.

Read the notes on the TA test directions...

• Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wipping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop.
  • Hold the dropper bottles vertically and squeeze gently, so that drops come out slowly and seem to hang on the tip of the dropper bottle for a moment before falling.

What is the pH and TA of your fill water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.