First test with K-2006, advice on adjustments?

Jun 5, 2017
Sacramento, Ca
Had a pool person for the last 5 or so years, but they retired so i'm going to give it a go myself.
Got the taylor k-2006 kit and just did my first testing:
FC - 4.6ppm
CC - 0.2ppm
CYA - 85
PH - 8
TA - 130
CH - 350

Adjustments:
Acid Demand test, to bring the PH to 7.4 i should add 1.72pints+1.72Qts (around 82oz) of muriatic acid liquid or 6.9lbs dry acid.
Calcium Hardness, the Pool Math app says to add 225oz/14lbs of Calcium Chloride
TA says to lower ph to 7.0-7.2, so maybe up the acid....not sure how much though.
FC says to add 105oz of 10% Bleach (assuming its liquid chlorine 10%), i thought i wouldnt need to add any at 4.6ppm

Cya seems pretty high, looks like i'm going to be ditching using tablets and stick with liquid. App says draining/refilling would be needed. Hopefully its not bad enough to require that. If so, how much? We're in the hot months, so hopefully evap and refilling would be sufficient.

Any advice before i head to the pool store? Is the chlorox stuff any good? Seems to be the most cost efficient.

Last edited:
Do not use dry acid. Use muriatic acid.
Your CH is fine, leave it alone.
Leave TA alone. Manage your pH. Lower it to 7.6, let it rise over time to 8. When your TA gets to about 80, your pH might be really stable at 7.8/7.9.
Stop the tabs. Keep your FC in range for your CYA Link-->FC/CYA Levels Use liquid chlorine.
Get that FC up to 10-12 NOW and keep it there. Round up your CYA to 90 for chlorination purposes. CYA will degrade 5-10 per month.

Reactions: Chihuaha Verde
Do not use dry acid. Use muriatic acid.
Your CH is fine, leave it alone.
Leave TA alone. Manage your pH. Lower it to 7.6, let it rise over time to 8. When your TA gets to about 80, your pH might be really stable at 7.8/7.9.
Stop the tabs. Keep your FC in range for your CYA Link-->FC/CYA Levels Use liquid chlorine.
Get that FC up to 10-12 NOW and keep it there. Round up your CYA to 90 for chlorination purposes. CYA will degrade 5-10 per month.
Cool, thanks. That'll save me some dinero. I've got a bunch of liquid chlorine so i just need liquid muriatic acid then.
To the pool store i go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.