First Test Results

Going off the directions of the test it was 2. No covered and pool is clear and good looking. It did rain all day today so maybe that's throwing it off?
If a bunch of stuff got washed in, I suppose.

You should try to capture as much rainwater as you can to reduce the CH. That's just for the future.

I would leave the CYA where it is for the moment and raise the salt and turn on the SWG. And if it still shows high CC, then you SLAM. Otherwise, then you raise CYA. Somewhere in there the pH will probably need adjusting. It's okay for now.

If a bunch of stuff got washed in, I suppose.

You should try to capture as much rainwater as you can to reduce the CH. That's just for the future.

I would leave the CYA where it is for the moment and raise the salt and turn on the SWG. And if it still shows high CC, then you SLAM. Otherwise, then you raise CYA. Somewhere in there the pH will probably need adjusting. It's okay for now.

Ok it's supposed to rain the next few days, 40%-60% so maybe that will help reduce the CH.

How much should I try to raise the salt, 3200?

Also, how long would you recommend waiting to do the next test after adding salt and letting SWG run?

Ok it's supposed to rain the next few days, 40%-60% so maybe that will help reduce the CH.

How much should I try to raise the salt, 3200?

Also, how long would you recommend waiting to do the next test after adding salt and letting SWG run?
I'm not sure what your SWG calls for. I'm a Luddite jug-dumper. But the salt needs to dissolve and circulate for 24 hours before the SWG goes on, so you still need to be testing FC & pH every day. You'll know by the time the SWG is ready whether or not the CC has cleared up.

I'm not sure what your SWG calls for. I'm a Luddite jug-dumper. But the salt needs to dissolve and circulate for 24 hours before the SWG goes on, so you still need to be testing FC & pH every day. You'll know by the time the SWG is ready whether or not the CC has cleared up.

Based on pool math app, I brought my salt up to 3000 and it's still circulating. I tested FC and CC:
FC - 7.5
CC - 0
PH - 7.7

Should I turn the SWG on or give it a full 24 hours?

Test results from tonight:

FC 5.5
CC 0
PH 7.6
CYA 35
TA 90, at 7 and 8 drops it turned clear, then red at 9?
CH 200
Salt 3000

Cya dropped a few and CH dropped a lot, although I might not have done the rest completely right the first time. Do I need to get the CYA up then SLAM? My pool was cloudy/green last week and Leslie's said to add salt so I did and it made it worse. TFP said to add liquid chlorine until test came in. Pool cleared up and looks great today. Not sure where to go from here?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test results from tonight:

FC 5.5
CC 0
PH 7.6
CYA 35
TA 90, at 7 and 8 drops it turned clear, then red at 9?
CH 200
Salt 3000

Cya dropped a few and CH dropped a lot, although I might not have done the rest completely right the first time. Do I need to get the CYA up then SLAM? My pool was cloudy/green last week and Leslie's said to add salt so I did and it made it worse. TFP said to add liquid chlorine until test came in. Pool cleared up and looks great today. Not sure where to go from here?
If you plan to SLAM, leave the CYA where it is. Round up to 40 and use 16 as the FC level. If the water is clear and you don't need to SLAM, raise the CYA so the SWG and/or the pump can be turned down some yet still maintain FC according to FC/CYA Levels

If you plan to SLAM, leave the CYA where it is. Round up to 40 and use 16 as the FC level. If the water is clear and you don't need to SLAM, raise the CYA so the SWG and/or the pump can be turned down some yet still maintain FC according to FC/CYA Levels
Any recommendations on products to use to raise the CYA? Leslies conned me into a $40 bottle of stabilizer but might need more based on pool math

Thomas,

Welcome to TFP!

You'll be able to stay away from pool stores almost all the time now. As your pH climbs just get some MA from the big box store. It's available in 2-pack for $11.99. How are you testing the salt level? If you haven't already got one you'll need to get the Taylor K1766 test kit. It's one of the easiest drop test kits you can buy. Also, the most accurate available.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.