First Test results

Ok Salt yesterday was 3000 ppm and today after 1 40 lb bag of salt, it's 3800 ppm. My intellichlor says low salt still maybe it takes some time to register?

The IntelliChlor manual that I read had the GOOD level between 2800-4500. A level of 3800 should be perfect. I think the SWG checks twice a day. Maybe cycle its power off and on.

For the volume test, I come up with some interesting numbers. 3000->3800 (+800ppm added) with 40lbs is only 6000 gallons. Now the salt test is +\- 200 per drop. So if yesterday's test was low and today's test is high and you only went up 600ppm with 40lbs, that's only 9000 gallons.

With the FC test showing 10k gallons and this one 6-10k, I would say your pool is 9-10k gallons. Use that when dosing chemicals.

In another thread a while back when I was trying to figure out I gave these (measured with cover on). 35 x20 are the 2 straightish edges. The shallow end is 3' and the deep is 5'.

15 to 18k seems plausible.

You can't really go by salt change since the results are not super exact.

I would tend to agree with the larger size being plausible except:

Using 121oz of 8.25% bleach, from 1.5 -> 10.4 will happen in a pool of 9400 gallons. I wasn't expecting the chlorine to rise that much. Aka, making your pool appear smaller.

I suppose its possible her bleach was better than 8.25% on the jug label, but >12-13% wouldn't seem reasonable to get to the higher volume.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is it a freeform pool or what?

What is the approximate surface area?

9e971e96665909ddd35e0cf31e3c0267.jpg

How do I know the surface area?

I'll revise my estimate to about 12,000 to 14,000 gallons.

To get the surface area, you can make a scale drawing on graph paper, count the squares and multiply by the area of each square.

Then, you multiply by average depth and then multiply by 7.5 to get gallons.

I'll revise my estimate to about 12,000 to 14,000 gallons.

To get the surface area, you can make a scale drawing on graph paper, count the squares and multiply by the area of each square.

Then, you multiply by average depth and then multiply by 7.5 to get gallons.

Oh that won't be happening anytime soon. Lol. I'd have to get graph paper.

Pool guy came by to fix my pump that was clogged up and he guessed 15,000. I don't see how it could be around 10. I'll update my signature to 12-15.

Did you try cycling the power to the SWG off then back on? The unit only checks the salt level daily so try turning it off and on. Your salt is not low.
The Sanitizer Output section is where you adjust the run percentage of the SWG. This adjusts how much chlorine the unit makes.

You may want to read up on the manual, starting on pg7 at: https://www.pentairpool.com/~/media/websites/pool/downloads/sanitizers/manuals/intellichlor_owners_manual_version_3_units_after_nov_2011_english.pdf

Thanks. So it sounds like I leave it where it is unless my chlorine gets low? It also says it takes 24 hours to register after adding salt. I wonder if that's 24 hours of it running. Since I don't run my system 24 hours a day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.