Sacramento, CA
Hi all, I just got my TF-100 kit, and here are my results:

pH 7.4
FC 2
CYA 50-55
TA 70-80
TC/CC It stayed clear - 0?
CH 500

We had quite a bit of rain yesterday and the pool is now overfilled, I think I should drain it down to normal and then add chlorine? I'm still not sure on the size of pool maybe around 18k gal.?

Should my CYA and FC relationship be based off the chart in the range of 6ppm FC? Is there advantages of having more CYA and higher FC, or is it better (health wise?) to have lower FC?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Round up your CYA to 60 ppm. Follow the FC/CYA Levels based on 60 ppm CYA and a non-SWCG pool. So keep your FC in the 7-9 ppm range.

It would be best to let your CYA get down to the 50 ppm range over time.

Looks good. If I recall correctly, you should have low CH fill water. You can change your signature; looks like you got it figured out.

As long as you maintain the CYA/Chlorine relationship, your pool is as safe to use as a pool with lower CYA. In theory, higher recommended CYA levels work well in warmer climates to reduce daily FC loss. Just be aware, if you overshoot your FC target the pH test becomes inaccurate when FC gets into the 10+ range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.