First Test Results- Where to go from here

Yes. Test FC / CC / pHdaily and add liquid chlorine as needed every day. You will get a feel for what the pool needs and can cut the testing down a bit with time, but the bleach additions daily will be standard.

CYA will come down slightly naturally. It does break down with time, just veeeery slowly. As you backwash out and splash out water it will slowly dilute as well. It will be tough to maintain the higher FC levels needed and if you do get a problem then SLAM will require even more FC but it can be done.

Pool Math is telling me 32oz of baking soda for the TA and 144oz of Borax for the pH. That seems like a lot of Borax?

I will say though that the water is great. Clear and much less noticeable chlorine/chemical feel and smell to it. Our water was getting so bad it was ruining our daughters swimsuits.

Remember, Poolmath calculates amounts on what Goal you set.

You do not need baking soda. Your TA is fine.

The borax amount I get is 42 oz to raise your pH to 7.2

Remember, Poolmath calculates amounts on what Goal you set.

You do not need baking soda. Your TA is fine.

The borax amount I get is 42 oz to raise your pH to 7.2
Sorry -- that needs to be 93oz of borax. I would do it in two batches. Test pH after the first batch.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Goals are a range. And being outside of the range, for some pools, on certain parameters, is normal.

For your vinyl pool, the TA range is 50-90+, you have that, so why add baking soda.
The pH range is 7.2-7.8. So only need to get it to 7.2.

You can change the Goal that is in Poolmath based on your knowledge of your situation. The App just gives mid point of the range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.