Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Jandy 1400 running at 20%
Says my salt is at 3000
Water looks good but I have a few elevated levels. What chemicals do I start with?

FC 2.0
CC .5
Ph 8.2 (maybe higher, it was really pink)
TA 110
CH 175
CYA 35

1 - Lower the pH to 7.8 or slightly below for now.
2 - Increase the FC. Use some liquid chlorine now if you have it to increase the FC quicker. I'd bring the FC up to about 5-6 ppm now, then continue to balance the FC to the CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels.
3 - Add calcium for a minimum CH goal of about 250. If you go to 300-350 that will work well too.

Once you get the CH adjusted, then you can consider working on your TA a bit more, but only if you find the pH rising too quickly every few days. If the pH is fairly stable, don't worry about the TA. To lower the TA, lower the pH to 7.2. That should also help bring the TA down. When the pH hits 8.0 repeat lowering it to 7.2 until the TA is closer to about 60-80 range and see how that works.

Reactions: Pool22H
Great advice above to follow. One more addition, your SWG at 20% isn't going to be enough to keep your FC where you want it. If you set it to 50% and run your pump 20 hours/day , the SWG will generate roughly 3.5 FC (calculated in the Pool Math app) which should keep you breaking even on sunny warm days. 20% is going to be too low IMHO.

Reactions: Pool22H
Great advice above to follow. One more addition, your SWG at 20% isn't going to be enough to keep your FC where you want it. If you set it to 50% and run your pump 20 hours/day , the SWG will generate roughly 3.5 FC (calculated in the Pool Math app) which should keep you breaking even on sunny warm days. 20% is going to be too low IMHO.
Thank you! I had no idea what level to run the swg at & just picked a number. I’ll adjust it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.