CYA 50 ish
PH 7.5
TA 200
CH 450
FC 2
CC .5
TC 2.5

the pool was filled a few weeks ago.

I know I am low on chlorine, I plan to stock up on liquid chlorine tomorrow.
TA not sure what to do about that?
Not sure I need to worry about the CH?

I like the test kit. It was a little overwhelming when I initially opened it, but it makes sense once I started doing the tests. I need to buy droppers or something so I can fill the water to the appropriate vials easier. I used a plastic measuring cup and filled that up with pool water then just tried to pour out just enough as I did each test. We won't be swimming until next month, so it will be good to get the hang of things before then.

I know better with bleach - but of course I ruined one pair of yoga pants when I spilled some on my leg. I guess I need bleach pouring outfits.

Re: First test on new pool using TF-1000

Good job on the TF-100! :goodjob: As for something to grab your water sample with ...... that's about the only thing I kept from the pool store - a free sample bottle for water. :)

As for CH, you're still okay. The slightly elevated CH can be counter-balanced by monitoring your pH and TA to keep them from getting too high. Speaking of TA, you'll need to lower it using the acid/aeration method noted on the TFP Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity page. As you noted, definitely need to get that FC up quickly and don't let it dip below 6 with your current CYA. Hang in there and take it one test at a time. Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Re: First test on new pool using TF-1000

So if I'm reading pool math right. I add enough acid to lower PH to 7 (50oz) then aerate to raise PH. Repeat till TA is below 90?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.