First Taylor 2006-K test, can I avoid a SLAM?

Rskpool

May 24, 2020
Sterling Heights, MI
Hello! First, thanks for all the help so far, the school and forum have been great.

I got my 2006-K in the mail, ran the test and have some questions. (Results below).

First, I did three CC test (with 25 ml) from three different spots. When I did the test the last drops, two were between 1 and 2 (.2 and .4) and one was between 2-3 (.4 and .6).

So my question is, is a SLAM necessary? Or will just continued regular chlorination and sunlight burn off the rest of the chloramines? The pool has been crystal clear and only has a slight smell is the shallow end, since I did the initial shock, which should of got it close or above the SLAM level required, but I didn't test.

It says my TA and Ph are off in the app, while I'm high on the TA, the Ph is ideal. Do they really need adjusting?

My CYA is probably lower than 30, when I did the test the small tube was filled and I could still see the dot. So I'm comfortable adding this if necessary.

Thanks for all of your help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200530-082455.png
    Screenshot_20200530-082455.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 14
The CC level is fine. Anything .5 or lower is considered 0.
Start using a 10 ml water sample for FC testing. One scoop of powder and each drop of reagent to clear is 0.5ppm FC.

Add 10-20 ppm of CYA using the sock method. Your pH and TA are fine.

Maintain your FC within target range for your expected CYA level. Good job.

How does the water look?

.5 CC by itself is no reason to SLAM, but green tint or cloudiness or slimy walls are.

Perfectly clear. The walls are fine, there's still a little debris on the bottom (probably some dead algae but I'm gonna vac today.

When I opened and went to the pool store 24 hours later with a sample they said CC was 1, there was a chlorine lock and I needed to add A TON of chlorine. I didn't, waited a week for the test and joined the club!

You guys are the best btw.

The CC level is fine. Anything .5 or lower is considered 0.
Start using a 10 ml water sample for FC testing. One scoop of powder and each drop of reagent to clear is 0.5ppm FC.

Add 10-20 ppm of CYA using the sock method. Your pH and TA are fine.

Maintain your FC within target range for your expected CYA level. Good job.

What's the best kit you recommend to test my FC day to day? Or should I just use the K-2006?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.