Walnutport, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I am going to start SLAMing tonight or tomorrow morning after our guests leave. We found a spot of algae in the corner of our pool and have been having some FC issues over the past few weeks (which makes sense). We've had a lot of hard swimming here each week since summer started,and I let my FC get down to nothing which started this (I think). Just wanted to get this thread started as I know I'll have questions. My two main go to links are below.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I understand about waiting for guest to leave before starting the SLAM. You might want to consider raising the FC to 20% of CYA in the meantime so the situation does not get worse. Might make the SLAM go faster.

So. I haven't reached my rec SLAM level yet. FC has been up, but not at the level it should be. But last night I did the OCLT. It was 1ppm. I have no CC's and a visually clear pool. Should I continue to add LC until I get to SLAM level? Or consider it complete for now?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh yes, I forgot. I pulled out the good ol' brush and have been brushing also (in addition to Fred the robot, lol).

Ok, better safe than sorry. I'll go add another gal this morning and keep it moving!

So that you know elevated FC level doesn't equal slam. If slam is what you need the OCLT is meaningless do to the 3 criteria which was the cause you wanted to slam. Knowing you had an area of concern and not bringing water to slam level won't eradicate it. It'll be back again or I should say keep growing possibly.

Holy crud. Is it normal to lose 8ppm FC in 8 hours? This morning at 9:20am, FC was 21. Now, at 5pm, it was 13.5. Today was our swim lesson day, so the pool was in use all day. But wow. I didn't think it would drop that much!

It happens when u have real high fc & loads of sun ☀️ The real barometer is the overnight loss. Do your best to test and add lc several times during the day to maintain the level. Every hour not @ slam level is an hour algae wins.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.