First SLAM

I feel you. I went through 40+ gallons my first and only SLAM.

Nice.

Sorry for that. Only thing that crops up somewhat consistently is how you use the reagent bottle. You want to hold them vertically. You want to squeeze VERY slowly/minimally so that the drop forms and drops under/because of its own weight. That allows the drops to be of consistent size and the size the test is expecting. If you squeeze quickly/hard and force them out, they will be a variable size and you will get variable results.
OK ... so here are all of the numbers for today:
FC = 12 (my SWG is still not on)
pH = 7.5
TA = 60
CH = 85
Cyn = 25
So now I need to go to PoolMath on my phone and see what it tells me? Will it tell me which ones to work on first?
I hate to join a forum and just ask, ask, ask and contribute jack! Hopefully some day I'll be able to pay it forward.

OK ... so here are all of the numbers for today:
FC = 12 (my SWG is still not on)
pH = 7.5
TA = 60
CH = 85
Cyn = 25
So now I need to go to PoolMath on my phone and see what it tells me? Will it tell me which ones to work on first?
I hate to join a forum and just ask, ask, ask and contribute jack! Hopefully some day I'll be able to pay it forward.
Nothing to do with those numbers. They are good. However, the pH test is invalid when FC is above ten. Let FC come down to 9, then test pH again.

Last edited:
I was initially doing the 25ml sample until I read @mknauss's comments. I do see debris on the bottom when I brush. I use that "whale" brush ... hopefully that's a good one
3/24 @ 9:28am = 13
3/24 @ 12:11pm = 10 so I added 1/2 Gallon
3/24 @ 2:11pm = 11
3/24 @ 5:47pm = 9 so I added 1/2 Gallon
3/24 @ 9:46pm = 13
3/25 @ 12:20am = 15
3/25 @ 9:55am = 14 NOTE: we had 1" on rain overnight
3/25 @ 1:24pm = 10
3/26 @ 1:03pm = 8 so I added 1/2 Gallon
It looks like it kind of got away from me over the weekend due to other responsibilities. I hate to hear the answer ... but do I just keep slamming?
Wouldn't it be easier just to dump a gallon or 2 every night and chlorinate the heck out of it?
Going through a lot of that powder on these tests !

Any further advice? Can I turn the chlorinator on ?

OK Folks,

Getting tired of all this testing and I am hopeful I am done slamming.
So last night (3/27@10:07pm) I tested twice ... one 25ml and one 10ml
I got 13 on the 25ml and 15 on the 10ml
This morning (before sunrise) it was 12.6 on the 25ml and 14 on the 10ml ... BUT ... cc was not present as the samples never were pink.
What do I do now? Waiting for the sunrise to see if debris is on bottom of pool and if the water looks clear.
I completely understand. It took a month for my pool to pass. Keep at it. 😊

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.