Aug 23, 2021
East Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Moved from here.

I have spent hours and hours reading and learning. This is my first post, I’m on day 5 of trying to pass the last remaining step of the OCLT.

My CYA is 30 with a SLAM FC level of 12. I have been running closer to 15-17 SLAM FC level for several days and have consistently been dropping overnight around 3ppm to 12-13 FC.

I just wanted to say thank you for this information!! I’m very hopeful I will pass the OCLT tonight and will complete my first SLAM.

Welcome to the forum!
No need to raise your FC above SLAM level.
What test kit are you using?

I suggest you read through Pool School - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Thank you! I just setup my signature, so hopefully that will help fill in some blanks with future posts.

I opened my pool to a swamp 8 days ago. Started my first SLAM last Thursday. So I’m completing day 5 now. And I am trying to pass the OCLT for the 3rd night.

I’m using the Taylor K-2006 C. I just tested FC and read 11.5. Am really hoping to wake up and see 10.5 - 11.5 so I can pass the OCLT!

Attachments

• D04D5472-5A53-4C8F-B07D-C85BE6D9749F.jpeg
    D04D5472-5A53-4C8F-B07D-C85BE6D9749F.jpeg
    624.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 656B9BF9-C67C-49AA-9364-9BA91BF6AE62.jpeg
    656B9BF9-C67C-49AA-9364-9BA91BF6AE62.jpeg
    635.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: mknauss
Wow. That's quite the green soup. Huge difference in what you've done so far. :goodjob: This next question should not have any effect on your progression thus far, but based on the pre-SLAM pic I have to ask ...... any history of copper used in the water or are you on a well? Hang in there and keep on SLAM'n.

full

Haha! I am trying to hang in there on this SLAM. Yes, absolutely I have used the ‘blue’ and ‘green’ products in the past. And no, we are not on well water.

Is there anything I should check further or do differently?

I officially completed my first SLAM! I passed the OCLT last night. Very thankful for this forum and its contributors. The library of content is insane.

Now I’m working on raising CYA from 30 to 40-50 via pucks in the chlorinator.

Reactions: MITBeta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.