First SLAM!!

David0408

Oct 16, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Wish me luck! My CYA is 50 so I plan to bring my FC up to 20, my acid down to 7.2, and maintain until my water is clear, Over night test is .5 or less and CC is 0. Cc is 0 now, go figure. Going to brush as much as I can over the weekend before going back to work on Monday.

full

I’m not very good at math and ended up with my FC at 33 instead of 20.
Are you using the PoolMath tool? That save us from having to do math. :) Just make sure at the top (FC) row you manually enter the correct "Weight" (percentage) of bleach. Also at the very top, make sure your pool gallons is correct.

So on day three everything seems to be going well. I think i May need to continue the SLAM for another 4 -5 days? I don’t know, I’ll let the water tell me.

I did have one question. While I’m at work for 8 hours how much bleach should I add in the morning? Should I bring the FC to 24 if my SLAM level is 20? Thanks again.

Just take your FC to SLAM level. When you get home test and add enough chlorine to get back to SLAM level. Be sure to brush the pool.

So the water looks as clear as it can get. The color looks a little weird. More blue than usual? Maybe it’s just that I don’t remember what a clear pool looks like? Anyway, I will continue to SLAM until Friday and then do the overnight test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.