First posting after Taylor 2006c testing

After reading the post about draining, sounds like exchanging is a safe alternative. @mknauss . I'll order a sump pump and do that soon. If you have any recommendations on a reasonable one, please let me know.

BTW...thanks for all the information. I'm trying to use the search feature as much as I can for my questions!

An exchange is good method. It helps if your pool water and fill water are different temperatures, by at least 10F, especially in a non-salt water pool.

@mknauss, Wonder if bobbie can put in a hose far away from drain, to start filling pool, while at same time draining it. I read of folks doing this, to keep the pool filled and lower cya.
They would open water to fill slower, watch level, if decreasing, would open fill more so level more less stays same through process.

Yes? No?

How did you measure a TA of 125? The test procedure results in values in a factor of 10. Review the test directions for that test.
Also, the TA increased over the last several tests. Have you been adding anything to do that? Fill water, baking soda, etc?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.