First posting after Taylor 2006c testing

Bobbie63

Dec 28, 2020
Georgetown Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
After reading the post about draining, sounds like exchanging is a safe alternative. @mknauss . I'll order a sump pump and do that soon. If you have any recommendations on a reasonable one, please let me know.

BTW...thanks for all the information. I'm trying to use the search feature as much as I can for my questions!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
An exchange is good method. It helps if your pool water and fill water are different temperatures, by at least 10F, especially in a non-salt water pool.

ciaka

Jun 10, 2020
Austin, TX
@mknauss, Wonder if bobbie can put in a hose far away from drain, to start filling pool, while at same time draining it. I read of folks doing this, to keep the pool filled and lower cya.
They would open water to fill slower, watch level, if decreasing, would open fill more so level more less stays same through process.

Yes? No?

Bobbie63

Dec 28, 2020
Georgetown Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Here's the results from todays measurement. I got the speedstir delivered today; that's much nicer! I got the sump pump too but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
61E19D4B-5787-42E3-8347-021EF7719845.jpeg

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
How did you measure a TA of 125? The test procedure results in values in a factor of 10. Review the test directions for that test.
Also, the TA increased over the last several tests. Have you been adding anything to do that? Fill water, baking soda, etc?

Bobbie63

Dec 28, 2020
Georgetown Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
@mknauss ok...i think I've made some improvements and getting the hang of this. I am doing the exchange of water slowly but did get it down. Here's the latest numbers. One question...should I lower the pH to 7 to get the alkalinity down??

84A50C97-A5EE-454A-B44B-8064DB1B9DEB.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.