moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Good Morning,

These were the pool test strips in the box given to me by the pool company. I have had the same results three days in a row. I didn't want to make any chemical adjustments because i had to top up the water from a hose off our well for an extensive period on the first day because it was below the waterline. Since then, we have had the autofill connected to our well so I expect any topping up won't be anywhere near as much.

There's a Jandy SWG system which I will try and get a manual for because it's looking like I may need to increase the Chlorine level somewhat. I have ordered a fancier test kit which I expect to have in a few days.

It's the purple/ pink result that I'm getting for Ph that concerns me. Should I just leave it well enough alone in the hopes that it sorts itself out?
20190113_101746.jpg

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

Test Strips simply do not provide the accuracy and consistency you need. Because of this we do not make chemical recommendations based on them.

Order a TF100 test kit
The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want.
I also have the SpeedStir. It makes testing much easier.

I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

Thanks for that advice. Looking at the order history on Amazon, I appeared to have ordered the K-2006. I can request cancellation and get the Taylor K-2006-C if you think it's a better buy. I did look extensively at the TF100 and couldn't see an advantage over the K-2006 but it's probably size related which I missed. The SpeedStir looks like a nice piece of Kit. I notice that's on Amazon too.

It looks Like I was too late to cancel the smaller test kit. It should arrive tomorrow or Thursday. I will work away with it anyway. I will go ahead and order the speedstir.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.