First panel with new test kit

Syracuse76

Jun 3, 2019
Virginia Beach
Recently received the TF-100 kit and was impressed to say the least. Anyways was just testing PH, TC, and TA with a Leslies kit since new pool got in. Had one full panel ran by Leslies and added chemicals in beginning. Ran full panel last night some results were expected while others threw me back a bit.
FC-10
TA-170
CYA-45
Ph-7.7
CH-120
The FC isnt to much of a surprise as ive been adding through the week. My hardness fell from 230 to 120, the TA actually went up to 170 from 100 and CYA fell in nicely to a 45 from an 80. I guess my question is what will make TA rise?

Just to be clear, are the numbers you posted the TF100 numbers?

Baking soda & washing soda raise TA, as well as high TA fill water. Testing your fill water can be helpful toward knowing everything that's going on.

Nice to meet you via TFP! :)

Are you comparing your TF100 results with some pool store results? If they weren't way off I'd be shocked.

That said, there is a known issue with static on the tip of the R-009 which makes for smaller drops which means more drops which means falsely high test results. Only the R-009. The cure is to wipe the tip with a damp paper towel before each drop for a few tests and it will go away.

Are you comparing your TF100 results with some pool store results? If they weren't way off I'd be shocked.

That said, there is a known issue with static on the tip of the R-009 which makes for smaller drops which means more drops which means falsely high test results. Only the R-009. The cure is to wipe the tip with a damp paper towel before each drop for a few tests and it will go away.
Yes these are the results with the tf100. I was just thrown back by these results especially the TA. Thanks for the tip...on the tip.
I will do that on the next set here in few days.

Just to be clear, are the numbers you posted the TF100 numbers?

Baking soda & washing soda raise TA, as well as high TA fill water. Testing your fill water can be helpful toward knowing everything that's going on.

Nice to meet you via TFP! :)
Yes these are the tf100 numbers. I tear the fill water at the store who then gave me some chem to put in pool. Since then I stumbled on to here and has opened my eyes to say the least lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.