First opening with TFP Have a few questions.

May 14, 2018
Doylestown Pa
I started with TFP mid season last year So this is my first opening. What sequence do I open the pool. Do I test water immediately and then balance chlorine and pH accordingly. Or do I add chlorine right away and then go from there.I have a SWG so my plan is to use liquid chlorine until my cell can generate. I am under the assumption when the water warms up a little bit the salt cell will start generating. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I started with TFP mid season last year So this is my first opening. What sequence do I open the pool. Do I test water immediately and then balance chlorine and pH accordingly. Or do I add chlorine right away and then go from there.I have a SWG so my plan is to use liquid chlorine until my cell can generate. I am under the assumption when the water warms up a little bit the salt cell will start generating. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Welcome Back!

Test first! (adequate info is needed before adjustments can be made)
Then all things being equal
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry ;)

Yes on SWG

Run your pump for an hour to make sure your water is well mixed before testing it.
Then test and add as much liquid chlorine as your CYA requires.
Repeat as necessary until SWG works...which it will as the water warms up.
Maintain and ENJOY!!

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.