First home/First pool

For high bather loads you can add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine before the party. Then test the FC after to be sure you are in range.

Do not adjust the pH until you get to 8.

So the pool has been running nicely for the past three weeks.
Weather has been pretty cold and rainy so I haven’t got in the pool as of yet. Wife went in for a dip once. Lol
My levels have been steady at:
PH 7.6
FC 5.6
CC 0
Alk 60
Cal 60
CYA 80

I’m having a bbq and a few friends are planning on going in pool this weekend and now I’m worried about my levels going out of wack.
Should I raise my SWCG to a higher % before they come/during/ or after. Or keep it up during all three. I read on the forum that PH might go up due to splash etc so I should lower my PH some before hand.
Currently I’m running my SWCG at 25% and on with pump 7 hours a day. Levels have been steady but like stated no usage and the weathers been pretty cool and lots of cloudy rainy days.

Any tips on what you guys do when you have a heavy pool load.
Thanks
I dump an extra half a jug in,which raises my FC by 4. I leave the filter on the whole time. I dump the rest of the jug in after they leave. I also brush thoroughly a couple times during the week leading up to the party. It can cloud things up and this way it has time to filter out.

Your TA is low enough that I don't think you need worry about pH skyrocketing. I'd leave pH where it is.

Raise the FC and leave the SWG on. You can go waaaaay up on FC without anyone noticing.

Your pool will look awful after everyone is gone and the surface has time to settle down. It'll clean up overnight.

Wait and see how it goes. After the fact bump up the swcg if need be, but you dont want to risk the fc being too high before anybody comes over. I like you was worried ahout parties due to hearing about problems after a heavy load. I havent had a problem with that yet in 7 years. Granted i have 4 times your volume, but my neighbor has an AGP closer to yours and we have packed that thing with 15 people more times than i can count.

If you are running the swcg during the day, bump the output up to 35% a few hours prior to the party then test afterward. Typically it won't go up that fast, plus with bather load it should settle out by the end of the party. Then return to 25%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.