Greenville, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi Everyone! We just finished building our pool last month and have finally gotten the sod installed in the backyard. The amount of dirt the process creates is unbelievable! I'm attempting to make sure all of my levels are where they should be. I have a robot vacuum that runs daily for 3 hours, but I helped him out by brushing down the walls, steps, and swimouts, and manually vacuumed. I noticed that my PSI on my filter was running at 20. I didn't know enough to check at pool install, but I believed that was a little high, so I performed a backwash this afternoon. I watched my PB's how to video on it. I backwashed until clear, rinsed for 5 seconds, backwashed until clear, rinsed for 5 seconds, turned it to filter and ran the pump on high while I added DE. According to the video, it says to follow the filter recommendations, which said I should add 3.5 pounds, mixed with pool water, directly into the skimmer basket. After backwash, it lowered the PSI 5 points, so I think backwashing was the right move?

I used my TF-100 to check my chemicals. Because we're still waiting on some backordered parts, the pool company has been maintaining our chemicals every 2 weeks. I've noticed they run lower than what you recommend, but they have been holding steady, so I haven't added anything:

FC - 1-2
PH - 7.8 (we like to run our bubbler)
TA - 80
CYA - 20-30 (they said it's at good levels)

My salt is good at 3000 ppm and the SWG is running at 6%.

It's there anything that I'm missing or need to do after the backwash to ensure everything is running optimally? I'm super new to this, so appreciate any feedback.

Sounds fine so far. Once the pool company is no longer maintaining the pool you will need to keep a close eye on it to make sure you don't need to adjust the SWG output. Does it run 24/7? Do you have your test kit?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.