Fireman Switch Questions

Nov 3, 2016
Naples
Simple question regarding two wire fireman switch. Does it turn on when shorted or opened? Or do you need to apply low voltage (24v)?

WiFi controller is not working 100% and I can not turn the heat on.

Thanks in advance.

Farmerkid

Kid,

The voltage comes from the heater to the automation on one of the two wires and is connected to a low voltage relay in the automation.. When the automation calls for heat, it will close the relay contacts and send the voltage back to the heater on the other wire to complete the circuit..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Simple question regarding two wire fireman switch. Does it turn on when shorted or opened?

Shorted. Closed.

Or do you need to apply low voltage (24v)?

No. You do not provide voltage on the firemans switch. It comes from the heater circuit. You just close the circuit.

Great... that’s good to know. I should be able to close the circuit and turn the heat on manually.

Now to troubleshoot the iAquaLink 2.0 WiFi control. It doesn’t maintain a reliable connection to router. Signal strength hasn’t changed. It’s I can reboot control, but as soon as I try to connect with iPad or computer...the connection drops.

This could be a Comcast router problem (usual suspect) or the WiFi controller itself. It’s enough to push to to a hard wired remote control.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Farmerkid

Do you have an Aqualink RS or PDA?

Why not connect the firemans switch wires to the heater relay?

You can also return your heater to manual control and turn it on from the heater control panel. Should be in the heater menu.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.