Fire Ash in Pool

NickinLA

Bronze Supporter
Jul 19, 2017
Los Angeles/CA
Greetings,
New pool owner here — There is a large fire about an hour away from my house and I awoke to find my one week old and formerly beautiful pool water coated in a dirt/ash that had fallen from the sky (along with everything else on the patio). While I normally run my pump 8 hours a day at 1900 RPMs, I am thinking I should be running it for 24 hours over the next few days, keeping an eye on the filter pressure, and testing the water a bit more frequently. I’ll probably brush it a bit more and use the robot a lot as well. Does that sound right and is there anything else I should be doing or keeping an eye on?

I have an Aquqbright finish and was loving the easy PH balance of the water. It’ll be interesting to see what this does to it...

Thanks.

I just realized I made the rookie move of posting without searching. Apologies. If the mods want to merge this, that’s OK.

Seems the conventional wisdom is it shouldn’t hurt things too badly, but keep an eye on your filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.