Finish Recommendation sought: glass vs pebble, wet edge vs sunstone pearl

Jul 28, 2017
Silver Spring, MD
Greetings everyone!

We are in the process of evaluating bids for renovating our inground pool and we’re hoping to get some thoughts on pool finish. We’re definitely getting aggregate, but need some guidance

First thought is on using Wet edge vs.CL industries Sunstone Pearl. I have a feeling I know what the responses here will be but I’d love to hear your experiences overall with these products.

Also, I’ve negotiated the PB offering wet edge down to the point where Prism Matrix is within our budget. As is the pearl ice from CLI.

So the second question I have for you is this: is the visual impact of having the glass in the finish really that noticeable? Would it be worth the upgrade? Photos and videos aren’t really answering this question for me.

Our pool is set back and down into the woods away from the house, so the glass finish may have potential to really turn the pool into a display piece, IF there really is a significant change with the addition of glass.

lastly, anyone have experience with the Primera finish? What are your thoughts on this vs aggregate?

Chris the glass beads SO add an extra WOW factor I have heard many times!

As for the other questions I suggest you do a search or two in the white box at the top of the page with those words in them. If the thread is kind of current pm the OP to get their take on it.

Kim:kim:

thank you for your feedback, really appreciate it. I’ve been all over this site for the last couple weeks exploring some of these very questions. Not been say getting direct answers though. Very little in the way of comparisons. Which I admit makes it difficult for me to agree to the sunstone pearl. Few reviews give me little basis for comparison.

We went to a local Pool Finish company this weekend to look at finishes and we wished we could afford the glass bead finish! If we had the extra money, we would do it. So if you have the money, it seems to be the best of both worlds - feels much smoother (almost therapeutic) than pebble and has the extra WOW factor - those glass beads really are an amazing aesthetic upgrade IMO.

We went to a local Pool Finish company this weekend to look at finishes and we wished we could afford the glass bead finish! If we had the extra money, we would do it. So if you have the money, it seems to be the best of both worlds - feels much smoother (almost therapeutic) than pebble and has the extra WOW factor - those glass beads really are an amazing aesthetic upgrade IMO.

Thanks! Wasn’t expecting to hear the tactile experience to be like that. The company offering wet edge just completed a pool with prism matrix so if we go with them we’ll likely get to see this finish first hand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.