Fine sandy looking stuff at bottom of pool

Tom411

Mar 7, 2021
Oklahoma
Every time my sand filter runs I get this mess at the bottom of my pool. I have vacuumed to wast in the past and it get a little better but eventually comes right back. I don’t believe it is algae. It’s turns to a cloud when I try to touch it.
Yesterday I vacuumed to waste again and the pool looked great. The sand filter ran last night and it’s back.
I am posting a pic of the pool after the sand filter ran overnight.

Need help.

Attachments

• 3B7969D3-8ED8-4838-8BF9-7B3F08E1D92F.jpeg
    3B7969D3-8ED8-4838-8BF9-7B3F08E1D92F.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 27
Welcome to TFP.

What sand filter do you have? How old is it? When was it last opened and the sand and laterals were examined?

Were you part of the winter freeze? Folks had freezing in their filters and broken laterals.

Every time my sand filter runs I get this mess at the bottom of my pool. I have vacuumed to wast in the past and it get a little better but eventually comes right back. I don’t believe it is algae. It’s turns to a cloud when I try to touch it.
Yesterday I vacuumed to waste again and the pool looked great. The sand filter ran last night and it’s back.
I am posting a pic of the pool after the sand filter ran overnight.

Need help.
Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same issue. My laterals are fine, the spider dial was replaced due to gasket being worn out. I had a pool guy come out and that is what he thought the issue was as he had replaced my sand a few months back and confirmed the laterals were fine.

I get the same stuff every spring, and it seems to fade away as the season progresses. Here in PA, I'm assuming it's pollen, as for the past month my cars have been a yellowish-green instead of blue and black, respectively.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.