Finding the right pool and builder in San Antonio

AMMO JJ

May 18, 2022
San Antonio
Jumped on here to get any/all recommendations on the best bang for my buck on selecting a inground pool/spa for my new home. I'm trying to keep it simple with a tanning ledge, 6per spa and able to do sports/volleyball in it. Local builders recommendations or stay away, also welcome. Thanks in advance. J.J.

JJ, as the details of your new project progresses, feel free to post any questions. You can also show us your build sheet once received for us to preview the equipment and any other info related to your new project. Lots of folks here ready to help.

JJ, replies will vary based on the type of pool you wish to have build/installed. I'll start with fiberglass since that's what I have. I know a few people who had theirs done by Gary's Pools & Patio off of Hwy 281. I know someone else who had theirs contracted by ACE FG Pools. There are a few others around the SA/New Braunfels areas like Lonestar, Aquapools, Blue Haven, and Sand Dollar pools. Happy shopping!

Well I live out in Mico (just passed Helotes) and we used Texas Pools and Patios. This isn’t a recommendation per se though. I feel they built a good looking pool for sure that appears to function well HOWEVER I don’t like that I paid 95k for a pool and it didn’t come with a spa and they changed the design plan on me to include a 4ft x 6ft plantar when I never asked or so much as thought of wanting one (very strange) and it would have eaten up a good part of my deck. Luckily my superintendent was good and took care of scrapping it. They also changed in the plan my columns from 2 x 2 x 2 to 2x2x 1.5 and even though it is written in my contract what I wanted they actually had me pay half the cost to change it which I thought was crappy of them but not a deal breaker. If you go with Texas P and P make sure Neil is the project superintendent as he stayed on top of our build and it only took 3 months bc of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.