Dallas_James

Aug 6, 2020
Dallas/TX
Well, it’s finally coming to end. What a summer. We went under contract in May, dig didn’t happen until July 1. We are scheduled for plaster tomorrow. Our project manager told us they will fill it Friday and our kids will be swimming Saturday. We are doing SWG, but I believe he said they do an Orenda “start up” so you can be swimming sooner. Being a first time pool owner - does this sound right? Anything I need to know or be concerned about? Should I get pool service? I was planning on doing it myself.

Welcome to the forum!
Get your own test kits and your pool will be easy to manage.
Do a search of the forum on Orenda start ups. There have been a few. Should be OK for a startup but then move to TFP Recommended Levels
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Welcome to the forum!
Get your own test kits and your pool will be easy to manage.
Do a search of the forum on Orenda start ups. There have been a few. Should be OK for a startup but then move to TFP Recommended Levels
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Thank you. I’ve read ABC’s a couple of times, including again now since it’s been so long.

Congrats. It could be a pretty chilly swim on saturday, but I'm sure the kids will enjoy jumping in.

Congrats on getting to the end!

I couldn't keep my kids out of it. Pool was filled the end of January. I made them wait a couple of weeks. They finally jumped in around 10 am on a Saturday in the middle of February. Water was 48 degrees. They didn't last but just in and out. Later that day was almost 70 outside and they spent the afternoon jumping in and getting out of the pool. Kids are nuts.

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.