Finally under construction in Midlothian, TX

Love the pool, awesome :goodjob: You are going to enjoy not having to cut all the grass, and then being able to jump in that nce cool pool when you are done!

You asked about a pool brush. We tried several, and on the advice I saw on this board we got a Wall Whale. Best bush we used, provides good force against the walls for a good scrub....and you will be doing a lot of brushing.

Attachments

• wall_whale.jpg
    wall_whale.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 341
thanks adeller, I just ordered my king-fin

it looks very similar but is supposed to brush in both the forward and reverse because of the tension fin. It looked pretty cool and the videos sold me because it can also fit in the skimmer. I'll let you know how it preforms :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0nG2bfXPxo

Deck was poured today as promised….

We could be doing plaster as early as Tuesday then it’s all fun in the sun while I wait for my sprinkler and grass to get done but that will not stop us from Swimming :-D

DSC05395-vi.jpg

DSC05397-vi.jpg

DSC05398-vi.jpg

DSC05400-vi.jpg

DSC05405-vi.jpg

It looks awesome!!! Really nice design. I'm jealous!! :snorkle:

(Where did you order your brush from? I think I'm going to get the King Fin too.)

Someone said... I don't know if it works or not... but if you call the water dept and tell them you are filling a pool, you get a discount on the water fee..? It's worth a phone call. We have Rockett Water, so I'm going to call them Monday and ask.

imrodee said:
It looks awesome!!! Really nice design. I'm jealous!! :snorkle:

(Where did you order your brush from? I think I'm going to get the King Fin too.)

Someone said... I don't know if it works or not... but if you call the water dept and tell them you are filling a pool, you get a discount on the water fee..? It's worth a phone call. We have Rockett Water, so I'm going to call them Monday and ask.

Thanks imrodee, I'll look into the water discount... we actually get our water from Mountain Peak because i border Midlothian city limits

I bought my King-fin brush here http://jbrennan30.ipage.com/store/index.html but I have to warn you it didn't come with a pole only the brush head. That was kind of misleading imo since it says brush with stainless steel handle haha

Yeah, it's like buying a car.... OH you want a steering wheel with that? LOL! Oh well, I think I get a pole/brush from the PB, but it's probably not this one.

I'll check your link out. I did see the video, it looked like the best choice from what I've seen. Thanks again..

Oh..I will be the last of us (imrodee, you and I) to be swimming..sooooo happy for you! This week is gonna be brutal with the temps. I am glad I am not watering the gunite yet..lol We also will have the aggregate decking. It will be interesting to compare...won't be long now! :paddle:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Plaster tomorrow??? I am excited for ya'll!! Can't wait for the pics! We might be Wed or Thurs on the plaster........... EXCITED TOO!

Sorry I’ve been lacking on the updates, I’ve been locked in the office over the last few days :p

Monday they did the prepping for the plaster
DSC05408-vi.jpg

DSC05439-vi.jpg

DSC05437-vi.jpg

Our bulldog is wondering when she gets to swim haha
DSC05427-vi.jpg

Yesterday plaster was done
DSC05449-vi.jpg

DSC05450-vi.jpg

looks like a dirty job for sure
DSC05459-vi.jpg

all done and it was left to set overnight for acid wash in the morning
DSC05471-vi.jpg

so at 6:30am 7 guys showed up started washing scrubbing, scrubbing, scrubbing.... clean up crew came and left and now it's filling

DSC05481-vi.jpg

DSC05486-vi.jpg

WOW! I think the blue pebble tec makes the pretty brown tile POP! It is beautiful!!!

So, is the pebble tec process kind of like the aggregate concrete? Smear it on then wash off the top layer to expose the pebbles?

Did you get floaties for your Bulldog? She looks taller than ours (did.) Our Wilson was a short stubby fella that couldn't swim at all.

Thanks imrodee

Yea, from what I read online it goes on smooth then exposed with water and then is left to set overnight before acid washing and fill. I’m a little nervous because of the color and exposed variations looking at it both dry and wet but everything online says it’s absolutely normal and until the chemicals are balanced and the curing process starts you will see this variation. The plaster actually cures over 30 days under water and that’s backwards compared to curing in open air like I would expect.

One pool online I looked at with pebbletec plaster freshly applied and just filled looked almost totally different in color compared to the pics they posted a week later after sitting in balanced water and scrubbing so this sets my mind at ease just a little.

I’m trying to trust the PB and not be that over bearing customer who is constantly ringing their phone with any little question. My PB has already been very patient with me and all my questions and double confirming of this and that during this whole process. So far they have followed through with everything they promised they would do so I need to just let this project take its course until it’s done.

I could tell the guys spent a ton of time examining the plaster this morning they were prob here 4hours, left for a bit and came back to do more touch up with acid and a brush but I can’t help to be nervous as heck because this is a huge investment for us and I want it done right the 1st time.

We don’t have floats for our bulldog yet, we’re kind of hoping she will be a swimmer but we’ll see. Her energy and breathing are awesome compared to our previous bulldog who couldn’t run 20ft without laying down, Karmann runs like a greyhound because she’s so slender and strong and @ 59lbs she stopped growing a few years back but her energy is still through the roof compared to our previous bulldog who slept almost constantly.

I agree she is a little tall for a bulldog but the kennel in Atlanta GA we hand carried her home from in 08 has some studs who have a similar “tallness” to them. Her dad is actually pictured on their homepage http://puppychase.com "red and white bulldog on the left” but we don’t have the pleasure of seeing what her mom looked like.

All of our fingers are crossed she is a swimmer because she is absolutely fearless and I don’t really want to be jumping in to save her every time she gets an urge to go splashing. We actually put a step out on the deep end just for her in case she loses her bearings on which direction to swim. But in all honesty though over the last 6 weeks we have implemented the rule that if Karmann is in the backyard someone is outside with her at all times until she comes in.

My boss actually lost his bulldog to drowning because she was so afraid of the water he never expected her to get close enough to fall in. I can’t imagine ever going through a tragedy like that so we’ll try and take every precaution we can just like we will do with our grandson when he visits.

We have a solid float that works well with our dog but she is less than 20 pounds. She also has an Outward Hound swim vest that she wears when she is going to be in the pool for longer periods of time. I need to get a shot of her wearing it. It's a Hawaiian print. The float is solid, flexible, and allows her to get grip on the float without fear of it deflating.

IMG_5025.JPG

2527_main_001.jpg

I do think it takes weeks to fully cure... and that's when your color will be right where you want it. I wish I had ordered something besides plain plaster - but I sort of got talked into it because how smooth it is (it BETTER be!) Two of the other PB said the LED lights are really nice with the white.. so by the time I got to this PB, I was not thinking about doing anything else really. I may kick myself down the road. I'm the same way with the questions.. I've googled my fingers off for "what-if's." LOL! Sounds like your plaster guys are being very careful.. that's great.

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything about Bulldogs not being able to swim... :-(( Your girl looks much taller, I'm sure she'll be ok. You can always get her one of those rafts! We have 2 Shi-poos that we need to teach too. Little Tucker is fearless, Harley... well he's a little more cautious. We'll see how that goes.

So when do you get to swim? Turn the Lights on? Our clean the yard guy hasn't shown up today! I really don't want him pushed tons of sand and dirt around on the bobcat while the plaster crew is working. So if he doesn't come today - he's going to have to wait..

I noticed yesterday that when I watered the deck where the spa connects into the pool, I saw a wet spot in the pool. So I'm hoping to get that filled. I took a pic - probably nothing - but.....................................

Keep us all posted on the pool progress!!! I think it's looking sooo good. Your wife did great on that midnite blue color!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.