Finally, it is on! Southeast PA Build

OP - is this an Anthony sylvan pool?
Sent you a PM

Also, I have enacted option #1. I sanded down the adapter plate I cut out with a drywall sanding block. I am not thrilled with the clear over the dark grey so I am going to tweak by purchasing a light gray adapter. This should cover up the dark grey mud ring while allowing me another shot at a cleaner cut. I'll stick with the clear cover however. With this, it looks as good as I can get without putting in proper return fittings and refinishing the pool. :sad: This also meant not alterations to the work the PB did with the shell, plaster or mud ring so no warranty issues. Below are some pictures.

Now the last two things I need to sort out are the bubbles that are coming out of my returns and replacing my pressure release valve that appears to have condensate and rust in the gauge. I am not quite sure what to do about those bubbles. I put silicone on the pump's filter basket gasket. I may need to do the same for the filter's o-ring. Water level is fine with regards to the skimmers. The bubbles were not always there so it has to be something came loose or needs lube. Any pointers are appreciated.

20180725_152715.jpg

Cut adapter plate from 10" retrofit cover to size for my 8" return

20180725_185720.jpg

The 8" pebble top cover filled with CLI Sunstone Pearl Grey Reef Pearl

20180727_090841.jpg

Final product install (cut to size adapter ring is not clearly visible, but is screwed into mud ring underneath the pebble top cover, which is then screwed into the adapter plate)

20180726_100548.jpg

Final install (plaster in pebble top cover should darken over time to match; you can see the second of my three floor returns on the far left to compare this with what the original cover in place)

Asssuming this goes well over the next few weeks, I will replace the other two. Now about those bubbles....;)

Sent you a PM

Also, I have enacted option #1. I sanded down the adapter plate I cut out with a drywall sanding block. I am not thrilled with the clear over the dark grey so I am going to tweak by purchasing a light gray adapter. This should cover up the dark grey mud ring while allowing me another shot at a cleaner cut. I'll stick with the clear cover however. With this, it looks as good as I can get without putting in proper return fittings and refinishing the pool. :sad: This also meant not alterations to the work the PB did with the shell, plaster or mud ring so no warranty issues. Below are some pictures.

Now the last two things I need to sort out are the bubbles that are coming out of my returns and replacing my pressure release valve that appears to have condensate and rust in the gauge. I am not quite sure what to do about those bubbles. I put silicone on the pump's filter basket gasket. I may need to do the same for the filter's o-ring. Water level is fine with regards to the skimmers. The bubbles were not always there so it has to be something came loose or needs lube. Any pointers are appreciated.

View attachment 83621

Cut adapter plate from 10" retrofit cover to size for my 8" return

View attachment 83622

The 8" pebble top cover filled with CLI Sunstone Pearl Grey Reef Pearl

View attachment 83623

Final product install (cut to size adapter ring is not clearly visible, but is screwed into mud ring underneath the pebble top cover, which is then screwed into the adapter plate)

View attachment 83624

Final install (plaster in pebble top cover should darken over time to match; you can see the second of my three floor returns on the far left to compare this with what the original cover in place)

Asssuming this goes well over the next few weeks, I will replace the other two. Now about those bubbles....;)

It will darken, pool finish has quite a bit of hydration for the covers to catch up with.

Much better! You do good work!

Bubbles-lube each and every o-ring you can find! Then let us know what happens. We will go from there.

Kim:kim:

Thank you....maybe next pool can be OB ::sarcasm:: Will try lube everywhere.

It will darken, pool finish has quite a bit of hydration for the covers to catch up with.

Yeah, the only issue is how it will cure with the salt water vs the original plaster finish in "regular" water. I assume the same with small chance of scaling or etching.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.