Finally! I think my water is perfect!

D&GNewbies

Jun 25, 2020
Iowa
This is only our second year of having our pool and we are using only liquid chlorine. We did add some stabilizer at the beginning of the season, but have added nothing but some muriatic acid and liquid chlorine since.
When I tested our water last night we were at
FC- 8.5
CYA 50
pH 7.4
TA 90
Borates 80

So I feel better about "possibly" having a good grasp on our pool and keeping it perfect.

Last edited:
Ugh, thought I had our water perfectly balanced. The last few days though, the pH is reading high. On my K2006 kit, it's in the pinkish color, so 7.6-8.00. Our TA is high again though since we had to add water due to evap. It's been super hot here and our pool is blasted by the sun all day till around 8pm at night.
So any thoughts? I know if I bring our TA down more it will bring the pH down and hopefully stabilize. We have borates in our pool and the one reason we added them was to help minimize the pH up and down cycle.

Our reading this morning
FC 6
CYA 50
TA 130
pH 7.6-8.0 too close in color to really see a difference

thanks!

Once your pH reaches 8, lower it to 7.6 with acid.

Adding high TA fill water will raise your TA and resulting in higher pH. Borates do not stop the process, just slow it down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.