Finally - a full set of numbers, time to balance and get SWG back online

Macboy

Bronze Supporter
May 18, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I've been busy away from the pool this week but have a few days here now to pay attention to things. I ran a full set of numbers and they show some work needed. I have a question about the sequence of events though.

Our salt is high (4,000) so I'll need to drain off some water and refill. I assume I should do that first, rerun the numbers and then adjust the chemistry based on the new numbers? The goal is to get the pool chemistry correct BEFORE I put the new electrodes in since I feel like it was chemistry that caused them to fail.

Here are the current numbers:
FC - 5 (Pool Math App suggests I shoot for 7)
CC - .25-.5 (it was very very faint pink. I'm sure half a drop would have made the sample clear)
pH - 8.2
TA - 150
CH - 250
CYA - 50

Any other advice on how to manage these numbers and bring them in line is appreciated.

Re: my other post about weird sediment on the bottom of the pool - I'm going to use this opportunity (the need to drain off water) to vacuum that stuff to waste. I'll also then deep clean the sand filter since I'm pretty sure the drain off will drop the water below my skimmer.

You actually dont need to drain if your intex SWG is working fine. I would install the SWG and run it to see if any errors come up. SWG have a wide range of salt levels. In case you really want to drain you will also need some more CYA. Bring down Ph to 7.2 and that will help with lowering your TA. Have you tested your fill water?

Oh! Thanks for that. I have never tested the fill water actually. Never thought to do that but that's smart. I'll work to get the other stuff inline and then see if the SWG says there's too much salt. I would imagine after top ups from kids splashing etc I might end the season just right anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.