Finally a break

Aug 22, 2017
Slidell, LA
So as some of you might remember me from another thread my pool is finally clean (mostly still battling mustard algae!) The pool place got a much better testing kit taylor counterlab rx-2 and my stabilizer finally came down to 30-40 and currently slamming the water to kill the mustard once and for all. I also finally recieved the tf-100 kit. Current readings are:
fc: 24
ph(before slam): 7.2
ca: 370
alk: 90
cya: 40

I need to backwash again although that will have to wait for the chlorine levels to come back down, as my yard where I backwash to has standing water from the recent acid rains :( ! No I'm not kidding ph of 5.0 with these rains that turns the pool white each time!

New problem I sprayed roundup for lawns on the weeds poison ivy/oak and sumac that was in the yard 4 feet from the pool being extremely careful not to get it anywhere near the pool or even on the cement patio and before the weeds were dead granny cut the grass sending the lawn mower discharge into the pool!!! So what needs to be done to get the roundup out of the pool. Roundup composition:
penoxsulam .014%
sulfentrazone .014%
2,4-d, dimethylamine salt .146% (I have used on a farm before lethal to mammals requires gloves)
dicamba, dimethylamine salt .014%
surfactants(vegetable oil) and others 99.785%

Can anyone advise on how to remove preferably without draining as there is underground water 3 feet below the patio surface.

Thanks was thinking about adding DE to the filter to help filter the other stuff that the sand likes to miss such as the fine white powder that only clarifier seems to help the filter catch.

I noticed something and not sure what's going on here every time I slam the pool the cya goes up even though I'm using 10% liquid chlorine is there a chance that the bacteria that uses cya as a building block is removing it from the water and scaling it into the aluminum pole (still have a mustard problem pool cleaning equipment is in the water) the scale is little white deposits on the aluminum only. I cleaned them off the pole earlier and they have a sweet citrus smell to them.

I have never had this much trouble with a pool in my life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.