Final electric done, should I connect my ScreenLogic Wireless Interface or wait?

Feb 23, 2018
Henderson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello!

We had our final electric done today with the EasyTouch PSL4 system setup. Should I turn the breakers on and get my wireless connection all set up to the load center, or should I wait for everything else to be ready to go?

We still have coping, decking, and plaster to do, but I thought it would be easier if the wireless interface was setup and ready...

Thank you!

Kid,

You can't hurt anything by powering it up now... Depending on what other equipment you have, you should expect to see commination line failure warnings..

You could even program the operation, you just obviously can't test it out to see if it works.. :p

Keep in mind the "L" in your model number, PSL4, indicates the lite version of the EasyTouch. It has a somewhat limited number of schedules and pump speeds, and functions.. I say this because I'm not sure that ScreenLogic recognizes this... I believe it will let you add more schedules than the lite EasyTouch can run, but it does not tell you there is an error.. As an example, if the ET lite can only have 4 schedules, and ScreenLogic allows you to enter 6... two of the 6 will not work.. I am not sure if it the last two entered or the first two entered...

Just something to keep in mind..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Careful turning stuff on you might activate a pump or heater. My heater started up by mistake when they powered on the panel. The guy quickly shut it down but just be aware.

Thanks for the responses!

I had the same concerns about turning it on and possibly harming some of the equipment. I think I'll just get the protocol adapter and wireless adapter plugged in and connected to the router and be done.

As for the functionality of the system, maybe someone can further explain? I'm not sure why you would need 6 different schedules? We have a fairly small pool and spa and maybe I'm just not sure why you'd need so many schedules...

Thanks again!

Kid,

The lite version might work just fine for you... I was just adding a comment so that if you started seeing odd things happening, and some schedules not working, you would know why...

As an example... If you wanted to run your pump from 6 am to 10 am... and then again between 6 pm and 10 pm... that counts as two schedules... It does not take much to use up four schedules.. Especially if you have a VS pump where you wanted to change the speeds at different times of the day...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim!

I actually had no idea there could be so many schedules. I'm learning something new every day!

I'll be sure to keep that in mind when setting everything up!

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.