Filter - When to clean.

nafreire

Jul 15, 2021
toronto,ontario, canada
Hi Guys,

This is my first year with a pool and I have some questions when to clean my filter. Below is what my gauges look like after opening the pool. Do I clean the filter when the small pointer hits the green marker? I have no trees, and my pool builder is telling me I might only need to clean it once this year. Is this true? I have a Hayward C3030.

1651585026447.png

Attachments

• 1651585022931.png
    1651585022931.png
    707.7 KB · Views: 1
Clean the filter when the clean filter pressure rises by 25%.

You may need to get a pressure at a higher RPM to be be able to read 25% increase on that gauge. You can move the green and red markers.

That is the pressure at that rpm. Pick an rpm, say 2500, and record that pressure as your clean pressure (if the filters have just been cleaned). Then every month, raise the rpm to 2500 and see what the pressure is. When it rises by 25% over your clean pressure, time to clean the filters.

N,

I clean my cartridge filter twice a year, but my pool stays open all year. I would think that you could go a whole season, and just clean your filter when the pool is closed. Just see how it goes. As long as your flow of water back to the pool is good, then there is little reason to clean the filter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.