Filter Suggestions Please?

Jul 7, 2012
We have just setup our new 18x48 Intex Ultra Above Ground Pool and love it so far. However, we are wanting to upgrade the filter and are looking for suggestions?

We are currently using the cartridge filter that came with the pool with 3 extra filters and change/clean the filters on a rotating basis. However, I would like to get away from the changing of the filters and have better "flow" into the pool to keep things stirring. I would also like to keep the cost at minimum... (I didn't say I didn't want to spend anything... I just want to do it as inexpensively as I can).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bama Rambler said:
Welcome to TFP.

The Intex 2650 sand filter/pump combo is well liked and is much better than the cartridge filter.

Thanks for the reply Dave! Will the 2650 connect directly to the existing in/out's on the pool or does any modifications have to be made?

I would still like to receive any other suggestions that others would have as well.

Thanks!

The 2650 will come with it's own inlet and return nozzles which MAY be the same as you have on your existing pool. I believe the 18 foot Intex has the same nozzles. Even if it doesn't the holes in the liner should fit the nozzles which come with the filter. It's the perfect filter for your pool.

GC

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.