Filter shaking and noise

DougB2021

May 5, 2023
IL
Hello all,

I have a 15,000 gallon swimming pool that's been in use for several years. Our cover blew off while we were on vacation, and we have a lot of leaves. I opened the pool after winter break, and began cleaning the leaves.

Yesterday, I cleaned the filter system. Today I went out to work on the pool some more, and cleaned the filter system again. For some reason, the filter is shaking now and sometimes makes a racket (a loud noise). The water level is low, but still an inch above the skimmer. I had trouble getting the secondary skimmer, just before the filter, to get primed for some reason -- had to help fill it with a garden hose --, but it seems to be okay now. I've temporarily opened the filter's pressure relief valve to get the air off. I even took the filter apart, turned the filter over and reinstalled, and put it back together again. There seems to be water beating on the underside of the filter cover. The current 19 psi pressure level seems a bit high, for having just cleaned the system.

After reading another old post, one thing I'm going to try is putting on the water flow directional cover, as the jet is just full open at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to solve this problem? Thank you.

Attachments

• 20211003_093437.jpg
    20211003_093437.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 6
Hello Doug and welcome to TFP! :wave: To be honest, I'm a bit concerned about your scenario (safety). Do you have any idea how or why the lid blew off? Was it not secured or something else? My concern is that the explosion may have compromised something inside the filter itself. There's not a lot of components to that cart filter, but perhaps something got damaged.

Can you provide any additional details about that episode? Did you remove everything from inside the filter for inspection?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.