Filter pump won’t shut off.

Jul 3, 2018
Loganville Ga
My filter pump would not shut off. It wouldnt turn off at the scheduled shut off time, it wouldnt turn off when I hit the “service” button and it would not turn off when I hit the filter button. The display shows it’s turning off and on but it doesn’t actually turn off. Only way I could get it to turn off is to trip the breaker. Is there a way for me to determine if it’s the relay versus the board?

However, today I went out there to turn the breaker back on so the pumps could run. Filter came on but then turned off on its own and seemed to be working as normal. I was able to turn filter pump on and off. But then I tried to test all the other things such as the lights. Now they won’t turn on. I can hear it click but the lights do not come on.

Not sure if the pumps will continue to work properly or not but now I don’t have lights. I’m guessing maybe the board is bad? I just had it sent off for repair by Bruce Foster because the display was not turning on. That was fixed but now I’m having all these other issues. I was hoping he would be able to repair it under warranty but his email says he’s out of the shop until April. I’m not sure what to do now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Glo,

Your initial problem, where the pump would not turn off, sounds like the relay was stuck on.

Your current problem may or may not having anything to do with your pump issue.

The "click" you normally hear is when the relay closes. If the board were bad, I would not think the relay would work at all.

Sounds to me like you may have popped the GFCI that controls the lights.

The way to troubleshoot this problem is with a voltmeter. Do you have a voltmeter?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: generessler
Glo,

Your initial problem, where the pump would not turn off, sounds like the relay was stuck on.

Your current problem may or may not having anything to do with your pump issue.

The "click" you normally hear is when the relay closes. If the board were bad, I would not think the relay would work at all.

Sounds to me like you may have popped the GFCI that controls the lights.

The way to troubleshoot this problem is with a voltmeter. Do you have a voltmeter?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes, I do have a meter.

Glo,

The first thing to do is to reset the light GFCI breaker or receptacle.

Then, using the meter, test the line side of the aux relay that controls your light. If you have 120 volts AC, then turn on the light and see if you have 120 Volts AC on the load side of the relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I guess this goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. BE CAREFUL WITH MAINS POWER, which the control and/or panel box is full of. Be 100% sure you know how maneuver around these gizmos without killing yourself. Otherwise hire someone.

I guess this goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. BE CAREFUL WITH MAINS POWER, which the control and/or panel box is full of. Be 100% sure you know how maneuver around these gizmos without killing yourself. Otherwise hire someone.
I always turn off the main breaker when removing the panel that covers all the wiring and breakers, then flip back on after I view all is good. This way you touch nothing hot when removing the metal cover plate on the service panel...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.