Filter/pump recommendations

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
I limped through the end of the season with my Intex sand filter, and it finally bit the dust mid-Septemeber. It was a bit undersized for the 26 x 52" pool. (I originally bought it for my 18'). I don't think Intex makes a sand filter large enough, so I think I'm going to have to get something else. Any suggestions for a not too expensive sand filter and pump, that is reliable?

P.S. I have not made any modifications to the returns or anything, my husband doesn't want me cutting the liner.....

thanks for the reply. I think I'm okay with a single speed. Though I may do a bit more research. I just wanted to make sure the sand filter size was adequate. It said up to 21000 gallons, I'm at around 17,000, give or take.

thanks for the reply. I think I'm okay with a single speed. Though I may do a bit more research. I just wanted to make sure the sand filter size was adequate. It said up to 21000 gallons, I'm at around 17,000, give or take.
What did you end up deciding.. i'm upgrading mine (see this thread, similar ideas), basically i was considering a 19" 1hp best choice 4500gph pump vs hayward combos (possibly 2 speed to save on electric), the hayward route is at least 2x the cost, if not triple going 2 speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.