Filter/Pump Recommendation for 13000 Gal. AGP

*disclaimer that DSP is the sales branch of Circupool. So the comparison chart is created by them which not surprisingly lists their models head and shoulders above the rest. Several members have found that the production claims are overstated, yet evenso, they are still great units that are at least comparable to the others.

Many members have also had great experiences with returns/repairs so the warranty is definitely something to consider.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Good info. Can you point me to where the pureline pl7701 and 7706 are being sold? A simple google search didn't seem to turn anything up. Thanks!

Thanks for the link! Not many reviews.. What are the thoughts on Inyo/Pureline? Will these systems last or will they need to be replaced every year or two like the Intex?

Inyo is a well respected vendor for pool supplies.
They will last much longer than the Intex. And the Intex do not supply the needed chlorine during their run time each 24 hours. The statement earlier that you have to reset it each day to generate enough chlorine makes them very problematic.

I am seriously considering the pureline - the chart happened today because I received the email this morning that the 60k unit was back in stock & I have grown tired of having to look all the options up separately to compare them.

I just updated the chart in the post above since Joe from pool supply unlimited got back with me about the calimar cell life rating. I am now awaiting his confirmation on the cell outputs as the info I was originally looking at to create this chart had slightly different part numbers. I will edit when I get that info.

Reactions: lagman and Newdude
I just wanted to follow up on this thread and share my experience with the Intex QS1200 Krystal Clear SWG since there were mixed reactions when I asked the forum about this cheap SWG. I've been running the Intex QS1200 Krystal Clear SWG with my Black and Decker VSP for a month now and so far I am happy. It runs 7 hours per day and is keeping my FC between 8 and 9ppm with no problems, even during a few 90 degree+ days. I have my CYA set to 60.

After the first week, I was ready to give up and buy a more expensive SWG. I could not get FC up high enough by using the "boost" setting, which is what they suggest to do at pool opening in the manual. Upon the advice here, I did a SLAM to kill everything, let the FC come down to the level I wanted, and started up the SWG per the instructions in the manual for the size of pool I have and it has been flawless ever since. The lesson learned is to use liquid chlorine to get the FC to the level you want it and then use the SWG to maintain rather than use it's "boost" feature to get you there.

It was a bit of a challenge finding fittings that were compatible with this SWG and the VSP and my existing fitting on the return jet, but they are out there.

In the 8 years I've owned a pool, I have never seen the water so clear! Coming from using the PermaSalt system the previous owner had installed, I've always been used to at least a slight tinge of green and what I thought was dirt at the bottom of the pool (most likely, dead algae). I had also just accepted when the temp gets above 90degrees the pool goes green. No more of that!

It will be interesting to see how long this cheap SWG and/or cell last, but given how inexpensive this unit and the replacement cells are, I'd be happy if it only makes it one season!

Thanks again to everyone on here who has helped me through this, suggested the proper test kits, levels, etc. I used to hate maintaining my pool every summer and now it is a breeze!

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now that they have come down in price they are back to being a decent value if the circumstances are right & they are sized properly. I don’t think that unit would be quite enough for your size pool if you lived in the southern us.
I have had many of them & they definitely have their pros & cons. I ran 2 of them on my 26k gal pool until they died.
I really appreciate the built in timer! The con is that they don’t have the cell life or output of a more robust system but they also don’t carry the price tag now.
For some time that unit had increased to $350+ which made it not a very good deal compared to some other options that last 2-3x’s as long.
Glad you’re on the right path & enjoying your pool!

Reactions: lagman and Newdude
I just wanted to follow up on this thread and share my experience with the Intex QS1200 Krystal Clear SWG since there were mixed reactions when I asked the forum about this cheap SWG.
Our job is to give you the +/-s so you can make an informed decision with realistic expectations. Sometimes Mr Right SWG isn't in the cards yet, and Mr Right Now SWG will do just fine in the meantime.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.