Filter pressure big jump

Kim1181

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2017
Cross Hill, SC
My regular filter pressed is 10-12psi switched the flow ball? Where the water comes out tonight because I had a water feature on there that I took off. Now pool pressure is 19 psi and the suction in the skimmer is nowhere near normal. Ran a garden hose thru the skimmer to filter line there is no clog? What should I do and is it safe to run the filter or should I keep it off?

My regular filter pressed is 10-12psi switched the flow ball? Where the water comes out tonight because I had a water feature on there that I took off.
I don't quite understand what you are talking about here. Is this a valve that you changed or something else? Can you post a picture?

That is called an eyeball. Is the old one the same as the new one? Specifically the opening size? Also is there only one return in the pool?

A smaller eyeball will reduce flow rates especially if there is only one.

Yes it is smaller and yes there is only one. I thought that was the problem but a friend you just left for a weeks vacation put it in for me and I couldn't get it off last night. I will try again today to get it off and put the original one on. Thank you very much for your patience and your help.

That indeed was the problem. I had some difficulty changing them out (I'm a 59 yo single woman) but I got it and everything is working normally again. I promise to learn the technical names of all my pool parts so the next time I have a problem I can talk more intelligently to all of you. LOL Thanks again for your help!

Just know that we can help you do just about anything. I can "girl" it up for you LOL My husband laughs at me all of the time with ways I come up with to be able to do something on my own but hey it works!!!! One example was when I was learning to change a tire on my own. Could not turn the lug wrench with my hands so..............lets just jump up and down on it..............got the lugs loose and off! "What ARE you doing????" "You said get the lug nuts loose." He just shook his head and did not say another word hehe

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.