Jun 4, 2020
Denver, CO
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
My new pool had poor chemistry (according to pentair) and the heater core failed. Chemistry is now corrected and monitored based on forum instructions and using pool math. Regardless pool builder agreed to install a bypass to limit water through the heater since it's not needed except in colder months or when running the spa.

Prior to bypassing the heater my pump was running at 30 GPM and my filter pressure was around 8 PSI. With the heater bypassed the filter pressure drops to 0 PSI which sort of makes sense as the only thing after the filter prior to returning to the pool is the SWG. I assume the gauge is not sensitive enough at lower pressures to show a reading so how do I know when the filter is dirty and need to be cleaned? Should I just switch to a time / use interval? Is there something else I am missing.

FYI...The heater is not bypassed in the picture below

IMG_3463.JPG

Most of the time my IntelliFlo runs at 1200 RPM. At that speed, my filter pressure is 1 psi or less and I have a 30 lb. gauge.

You can ramp your speed up to say 2500 RPM and use that filter pressure to determine when to clean your filter. That said, I see nothing wrong with cleaning your filter on a schedule. I clean mine twice a year.

But.. the main reason I responded to your thread is that I want to know what the device is on the right side of your pic?? :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Badu swim jet is the device on the right side. Kids love it, but turns out one jet is not strong enough to simulate lap swimming at a real pace.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.