Filter lid almost popped off. Leaked water everywhere.

Iansmith246

Jun 11, 2019
Dallas, tx
Manually vacuumed the pool into the skimmer. Our auto leaf vac is getting new tubes. Had a brain fart and lifted the vacuum out of the water. Air got sucked into our only intake/skimmer. I freaked out and ran to turn off the pump. Emptied pump basket. Waited a minute and turned it back on. Water started spewing from the clamp on the filter. I turned it off. Opened up the cartridge filter, everything seemed fine. Put it back together, same thing. Cleaned and re-lubed the O-ring, same thing water everywhere. Worried the Dang thing might blow up in my face. Any advice on what to do?

Welcome to TFP

What model filter?

Please put details of your pool in your signature.

Are you opening the relief valve on top of the filter canister before you turn the pump on? (Read the warning on the side of the canister if it's still attached.)

Yes, and I close the relief valve when the water shoots out. But then it practically pops off. Already tried adjusting the lid and tapping the clamp with a rubber hammer. I’ve taken the lid off many times before and can’t figure out why I can’t get it back on. Very frustrating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.