St Louis
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
hello all, my cartridge filter needs to be cleaned up every 12h during pool opening. Is that normal ? This is the 2nd time we are opening the pool and not sure what to expect. We are in the Midwest.

We removed the mesh cover 5 days ago mid-day. Water pretty dirty and greenish + we are getting a lot of pollen and stuffs from the trees. Run the robot multiple times and brushed the walls. Also started the pump and filter. Next morning, there was just a little bit of water running through the system, low pressure. I think the filter got clogged and pump lost pressure.
What I have done the last 3 days, while slamming at the same time: wash the cartridge in the morning and start it again. It primes fine, and pressure reads 20 PSI (new glycerin gauge). In the evening, pressure gets to 25, so I stop the pump to avoid what happened the first night. Making progress, I can see the bottom at the shallow end (5') now.
Obviously I would progress faster if I can run it at night but I don't have time to wash the filter 2x a day.... Thoughts ?

Also how do I evaluate if I need a new cartridge. Between last year opening (contractor dumped mud in the pool) and this year, I think it took a beating.

Also side question: there is quite a large air bubble in my new gauge, see in the pix. Should I get it replaced ?

thanks !

Attachments

• IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    517.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1540.JPG
    IMG_1540.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1539.JPG
    IMG_1539.JPG
    589.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1536.JPG
    IMG_1536.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 10
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.