Filter Cartridge

Jun 12, 2016
Trumann, AR
Hey everyone,

I have a 14' Summerwaves Elite pool with a cartridge filter that hangs on the side. I've noticed that the water flow slows down considerably after about a day of running the filter with a new cartridge.

Could my filter be going out or are these filters just cheap and no good? Any tips on extending the life of these cartridges? They are 4 for $13 but using one per day is going to get expensive.

I'm planning on buying a larger pool next year, so I really don't want to buy a new filter if I don't have to.

I just opened my pool for the second season so the water is clear. I am adding plain 6% bleach to chlorinate the pool. I've had to add about 64 ounces every other day or so to keep it chlorinated.

I went through a 4 pack of filters that I bought on Monday this week. After one day of use, they turn brown and won't come clean. I may have to get a new pump. I ran it without a cartridge and the flow rate was still a bit too slow. Would I be able to maintain the pool with a slow flow rate and just run the pump all the time?

Your filters turning brown could be from iron. Does your water come from a well?

Slow rate is good for filtering.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.